Sunday, September 9, 2007

Paris, Texas

Well, here we are in my home town, and finally seeing the end of the tunnel. I think. It has been a long tunnel, but the end is coming I do believe.
We will be steadily working in the new abode all next week. I am so ready to have a place for just the Chisum clan once again. The house in Amarillo is still on the market, and we are praying that just any day now someone will walk into that house and feel at home as we did. I did love that house, however I know from all of our moves that the family is the "home." A cardboard box truly could feel as a home as long as all that are in it are in love with each other. I just cannot wait to get the boys trampoline up, and the place cleaned and repainted. That will be wonderful to just have a place to call our own once again.
Our little guys have gone through a lot with this move, and I am so proud of them. When people say that kids are resilient they are not kidding. T and T are just as ready as Dub and I are to get somewhere and be still, but they also have done great in every situation.
I truly cannot believe we are back here though. I am constantly saying that to Dub. He loves it here! He got an offer to go to Atlanta next week to interview for another railroad, and he would rather not. I am like... hello!... continue our railroad retirement, but he is now ready to settle and sit still. I have to hand it to him, I think our lesson in pride over this summer has really sunk in more for him than it truly has for me.
So it looks like for now, and possibly forever Paris is our home town as a family now too.
I am still in shock!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yea, you blogged! I am doing my blogging dance!!! Sister, I know this has been a hard, humbling move, but J. and I are praying that God will richly bless you and dub. We are going to help as much as we can!

We love you!!